Terms and Conditions
- ActivStudy.com is owned and manage by OuiActive DSO
- ActivStudy DSO is located at, Technohub 1 dtec first floor - Dubai
- ActivStudy is an agent for the introduction of one or more instructors to the Client. ActivStudy does not provide courses services. We are a platform agency and we are a party to this contract.
- You are referred to in this contract as ‘the Client’, and you are the other party to this contract. You agree to the purchase of courses services on behalf of ‘the Student’. ‘The Student’ may be yourself or another person. The Student is the person who receives the course's service through sessions of courses.
- The Client agrees to these terms and conditions which relate to ActivStudy’s introduction of an Instructor to you.
2.Definitions and Interpretation
Client: The party requesting Tuition. This is assumed to be the individual who initially contacts ActivStudy unless otherwise stated
Lesson: A period of time during which the Instructor promises to engage in Tuition for the Client, for which the Client promises to pay the Instructor.
Tuition: Any service supplied by an Instructor which has been requested by the Client. Tuition Fee: Amount charged for Tuition during a lesson.
Instructor: The party offering Tuition for which payment is expected in return.
If you, the Client, request Tuition with an Instructor introduced to you by ActivStudy then you agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions stated below:
- Contractual Relationship
ActivStudy provides introductions of Instructors to Clients and vice versa; ActivStudy is an agent for the Instructor. It also collects fees from the Client on behalf of the Instructor together with its own fee relating to its administration and introduction commission. The hourly rate for tuition includes the instructor’s fees and ActivStudy’s own fee.
- Agreement with the Instructor for the provision of courses services
- An Instructor will be deemed to have been introduced to the Client by ActivStudy in the event that either the name of the Instructor is provided to the Client by ActivStudy following the request for an Instructor by the Client, or ActivStudy arranges for an Instructor to contact the Client following such request for an Instructor provided by the client to ActivStudy.
- By booking a Session with the Instructor, the Client agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and by the terms and conditions which govern their relationship with the Instructor.
- The Instructor is self-employed and engaged by the Client to provide tuition to the Student. Clients should be aware that the Instructor does not have the power to bind ActivStudy in any way.
The Client has to buy minimum 10 hours tuitions. Each hour amounts one voucher. At the end of each lesson, the Client shall pay the Instructor with the vouchers according to the number of tuitions hours.
- The Client can pay by bank transfer the amount corresponding to minimum 10 hours tuitions.
- The Client will be invoiced within 2 days.
- If the invoice is not paid on time, the lesson will be canceled.
- Tuition will not begin prior to receipt of payment for the month or period in question.
- Lesson Cancellation
If the Client cancels an arranged Lesson less than 24 hours before the Lesson is due to begin, for a reason other than an accident or an emergency, then the Client shall be obliged to pay a cancellation fee amounting to entire of that canceled Lessons.
7.Reimbursement – first Lesson
If at the end of the first Lesson (and only the first Lesson), the Client is not satisfied with the Instructor, ActivStudy will pay back the rate of the Lesson and we will offer to the Client a supplying teacher according to the following procedure.
The Client has to email ActivStudy, within the 48 hours after the first Lesson and indicates the reasons why he is dissatisfied.
After the deadline of 48 hours, ActivStudy won’t reimburse the Client or offer the services of another teacher.
- Replacements and Termination
- If the Instructor is unable to complete the Course of Tuition, or the Client requests a replacement Instructor because they are not satisfied with the original Instructor assigned to them, ActivStudy will endeavor to find up to two suitable replacement Instructors with regard to the level and subject for which tuition is required.
- If ActivStudy is unable to find such a suitable replacement Instructor within a reasonable time to complete the remaining Sessions of the Course of Tuition, ActivStudy will refund a portion of the fees pre-paid by the Client representing the number of sessions that the Instructor or any replacement Instructor has been unable to complete.
- If the replacement Instructors meet ActivStudy’s criteria for suitability for the job in terms of subject and level knowledge and is available at the same time or another time convenient for the Client, then ActivStudy has fulfilled its obligations; if the Client then wishes to terminate the Tuition mid-Course,
- If the Client wishes to terminate the Tuition mid-Course for any reason, no refunds can be granted for the balance of sessions that have been taught; furthermore, one week’s notice must be provided. In that week the Client may choose to utilize the Session or Sessions that were planned to occur during that week, or not, but will not be refunded if the Client chooses not to utilize the Session or Sessions during that week. ActivStudy will refund all monies prepaid excluding fees for the sessions that have already been taught and those fees for the week following the notification of Termination.
- Prohibition of other Arrangements
- The Client will not agree on any alternative fees with the Instructor and agrees not to render any direct payments to the Instructor.
- The Client is not permitted to enter into any private arrangements with any Instructor introduced by ActivStudy. The Client undertakes to make all bookings with Instructors introduced by ActivStudy exclusively through ActivStudy.
- A breach of these terms will render the Client liable to account to ActivStudy for all sums received by the Instructor direct from the Client or from a new Client without deduction and ActivStudy shall be entitled to seek injunctions against the Client to
- prevent further breaches. These obligations continue beyond the termination or conclusion of this agreement.
- Should you wish to recommend one of ActivStudy’s Instructors to any other Potential or Actual Client, that Client must contact ActivStudy to make a booking through the agency.
- a. All credit/debit cards details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties.
- b. The Website Policies and Terms & Conditions may be changed or updated occasionally to meet the requirements and standards. Therefore the Customers’ are encouraged to frequently visit these sections in order to be updated about the changes on the website. Modifications will be effective on the day they are posted.
- Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this website shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of UAE.
- United Arab of Emirates is our country of domicile.
- Minors under the age of 18 shall are prohibited to register as a User of this website and are not allowed to transact or use the website.
- If you make a payment for our products or services on our website, the details you are asked to submit will be provided directly to our payment provider via a secured connection.
- The cardholder must retain a copy of transaction records and Merchant policies and rules.
- Method of Payment
We accept payments online using Visa and MasterCard credit/debit card in AED (or any other agreed currency).
- Delivery/Shipment Policy:
- ActivStudy will NOT deal or provide any services or products to any of OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) sanctions countries in accordance with the law of UAE”.
- Multiple shipments/delivery may result in multiple postings to the cardholder’s monthly statement.
- Refund & Cancellation
Refunds will be done only through the Original Mode of Payment